Tuesday, March 12, 2013

last post - Talk About Marriage

Old Today, 01:51 AM ? #5 (permalink)

Member

?

Join Date: Dec 2012

Location: Noblesville, IN

Posts: 602


Quote:

Do you talk to your SO about everything? This came up in a conversation the other day. I asked him if he talked to his wife about everything. He said that he does, unless it's a secret thing like a birthday present. He seemed surprised to find out that there are things that I don't talk to my wife about. He understands about the computer stuff. I don't think she knows the difference between a gigabyte and a gigahertz. It's the other stuff that surprised him. Am I the exception or the norm?

I'm in information technology. My wife has no clue as to what I do. People ask, she can't explain it. I just tell people "I'm a computer guy." when what I really am is an application development manager. No, I don't tell my wife everything. I tell her the things she might be able to relate to, not things that will immediately cause her eyes to gloss over.

As far as other things? Well, I used to tell her everything. We have a lot of problems in our marriage after 20 years so that doesn't happen anymore. When I did tell her everything, I think the only thing I would keep to myself is something that might reveal some of my insecurities. I was supposed to be the strong one.

JustSomeGuyWho is online now ? Reply With Quote

Source: http://talkaboutmarriage.com/general-relationship-discussion/69294-talk-about-everything.html

Sam Bacile At&t Wireless 9/11 Jerry Lawler andy murray Samsung Galaxy S3 bachelor pad

No comments:

Post a Comment